GREEN BUILDING: Homeowner Education
1. Knowledge & skills
2. We do what we say
3. Satisfaction quarantee
David K. Horvath, GMB, CAPS, CGP, LEED-AP
General Manager, Certified Builder
Office: (615) 791-5678
Cell: (615) 319-0000
Operation, maintenance, and building owner education plays a key role in the effectiveness and efficiency of any home. Homeowners should be provided with the necessary manuals and instructions relating to the safe, healthy, comfortable operation and maintenance of the building and systems. A few tips:
- System control manuals need to be organized, accessible, and followed by homeowners.
- Keep all receipts for equipment purchases.
- Try to purchase equipment that includes an advisory display or indicative modes to alert occupants to “trouble” or “failure” conditions.
- Locate system controls in a readily accessible area.
- Register all products with their manufacturer for future service and questions as needed.
- Keep a calendar to schedule, perform, and monitor routine home maintenance per equipment manufacturer specifications.
- Hire professionals to perform routine service tune-ups as recommended by equipment manufacturers.
- Address home system malfunctions when symptoms are first noticed. Do not wait until the issue has become a major problem.
- Monitor and track the performance of your home systems by good record keeping of utility bills, warranty service, and maintenance performed.
Let us assist you with your pursuit of home excellence and lower energy costs. Call us today!
(click each button for more information):
Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer.
Program & monitor displays
Keep good service records
Follow operating instructions